Book Review: "A Game of Thrones" by George R.R. Martin



Previously posted on Goodreads!¹



What an incredible book.

I must say that it was difficult to me at first because it has too many main characters, so in my very humble point of view, that's what made this story different from others I've read.

The work can't be better, it has a mix between medieval and magical references and the character developments make everything very real.

My favorite above all was Daenerys Targaryen, her story, her characters, everything. She was only a 13-year-old girl who had to become a woman in order to save her lineage, and she changed from a frightened and bullied girl into a wise and brave woman who'd have more pants than Joffrey Baratheon. I also loved Tyrion Lannister because he demonstrated that he had the Lannister name, but not their ideas, something that makes him a very strong and self-centered character.

I need to know what's next. Unfortunately, I need to save money first and stay away from spoilers.



GEORGE R.R. MARTIN is the much-celebrated writer of the famous A Song of Ice and Fire series. He was born on September 20, 1948 in Bayonne, New Jersey and grew up to be world-renowned Science Fiction and Fantasy writer. Martin obtained his early education from Jane Donohoe School and Marist High School moving on to B.S (1970) and M.S (1971) degrees in Journalism Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois. These days Martin is a member of Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America and of Writers’ Guild of America, West. He resides in Santa Fe, New Mexico.


¹This review was written and originally posted on my Goodreads profile in 2013. It might now present minor changes in structure or corrections but has not changed its intention.

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment