Book Review: "The Evolution of Mara Dyer" by Michelle Hodkin



Previously posted on Goodreads!¹


Ok, I'll probably change my rating another day, but today, it'll be like 4.5ish. The thing is, I think I loved it because this is the first book in months that made me want to read at 2 a.m. (I missed that), but at the same time it was like "OMG, this entire plot is making me crazy and angry."

I like how everything's written, even though is told in a space of one-two weeks; it's direct and the author makes you feel exactly as Mara, you just simply want to scream at her family and make them understand, but NO :) So, well done, Michelle!

Now, the things I didn't like: I didn't make a review of the first book, but my opinion about Noah hasn't changed, I just like him a little bit maybe because I'm sick of the same stereotype of boys in young adult books: handsome, with the need of feeling pain, and the money that helps with everything.


So I didn't suffer when the possibility of his death came.

Don't take it wrong, I like that he's the catharsis in Mara's life, I even love that is not only a catharsis in a metaphoric way. 

Dr. Kelly was a nice revelation as Jude's accomplice, also there was a special something that made this book even more magical and mysterious, so I want to read the next one immediately.


All I know is that it was a mistake reading it now because I have to wait a lot for the uncountable questions I now have. Dammit!



MICHELLE HODKIN is the author of the Mara Dyer Trilogy, which was a New York Times, USA Today, and Publishers Weekly bestselling series. The trilogy, which includes The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, The Evolution of Mara Dyer, and The Retribution of Mara Dyer, was described as “haunting and dreamlike” by Cassandra Clare and “darkly funny, deliciously creepy, and genuinely thoughtful” by Veronica Roth. Hodkin grew up in Florida, went to college in New York, and studied law in Michigan, before finally settling in Brooklyn last year.


¹This review was written and originally posted on my Goodreads profile in 2014. It might now present minor changes in structure or corrections but has not changed its intention.

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment