Alexandra, The Dorky Writer - Chapter 4



Alexandra, The Dorky Writer, thought this time she'd succeed with the delivery of her tasks on time and in perfect conditions, but she was wrong -what a shock. She had a lot of enemies, but this time she didn't face a writer's block but drowsiness. It was like fighting to stay awake against the curse that was cast on the Sleeping Beauty. The problem was that she was no Beauty and there was no member of a royal family near to help her waking up, so... double trouble.

The Dorky Writer was defeated, but it was a sleeping curse and not a death one, so she woke up years later, drank a potion, and then stayed awake for almost 24 hours... which wasn't so good either.

I decided to stop drinking coffee months ago because caffeine makes me more anxious than normal, but yesterday... damn. I had to stop at a convenience store and buy one of those drinks that give you energy. I didn't take the one that has taurine or similar in them but the one that only has caffeine. I have to admit that I felt nervous about it, but it was that or having a car accident on my way to the other place where I work.

I had been trying to read for my homework in the last days and had been failing miserably. I've been tired and in a sad mood, which doesn't help. Anyway, I drank that thing, I didn't have any anxious episode, which was more than perfect, and I could continue with my daily work. But when I got home I had problems again. I grabbed the ebook and tried to reread all I had previously "read", I felt I was going to sleep on it and then BOOM. That beverage made its effect way later and I took advantage of it, I started to read the way I like, fast and making important notes. I felt I was finally going to deliver a good paper, because the last one had been crap. And then... "the following pages aren't available due to copyright." WHAT WAS I EXPECTING? 

I was reading it from the Google Books page. I'd never read a book from there, but one of my classmates said almost the entire book was available, so I decided to give it a shoot instead of looking for it online to order it and wait a lot to get it. I looked for it in a PDF format, on another site, nothing. My last resort was buying the e-book, but my debit card wasn't accepted for a reason I still don't understand. So... no completed homework. It's terrible, because I'm going to go to class and feel like an irresponsible student, even if it wasn't completely my fault... or maybe it is, I don't know. What made me real angry was that I was there, with no book anymore... and completely awake.

I think I felt asleep around 3 am. At least I slept wonderfully because I didn't have to go to work the next day.

The Dorky Writer never drank that potion again.

End of Chapter 4.

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment