Alexandra, The Dorky Writer - Chapter 3


I've discovered a very funny thing: writing inspiration strikes when I need to do homework. And, if I really think about it, I used to do that at the University... I could be doing a translation exercise and BOOM! Ale had to write. And she did! Mostly in the last pages of her notebook, and rarely on a second Word document.

So, in what am I thinking about now?

The Dorky Writer had a job: she was also a Jedi Master [insert disc scratch]. OK, OK, not a Jedi Master, but still a teacher. An English teacher, if I want to be more specific. A pretty average one. Nothing special. Anyway... After months, and months, and months of wanting to go to a dragon's hoard, maybe not to steal some money but to politely ask for a loan, the Dorky Writer could finally get paid and feel some silver coins in her pocket. Her first stop? THE BOOK SHOP [insert another annoying disc scratch]. OK, I didn't go there, I had to pay school, and gas, BUT the idea of going is still there. 

Some months ago, I made a TBR list featuring female writers. But I can't lie: I know I still need to narrow my idea for The Mighty Thesis. Should I compare them according to their age? Should I go through a political path? An educational one? What about feminism? Or cultural differences? THE HELL I KNOW! But I think I've selected a good bunch for either case:

With the exception of Beard's book, all of these are memoirs (the ones in bold are the only ones I've read, but definitely need to visit again). IMPORTANT NOTE:

I have the idea that when I finish with another two books, I'll get closer to what I want. And I know it seems I hadn't started at all, but I realized something: I started to read Amy Poehler's Yes, Please, and even though her story is interesting and funny (I mean, have you ever seen Parks and Recreation? That woman is fun indeed!), getting to know how an artist of any category became a celebrity isn't what I want to write about.

POINT FOR THE DORKY WRITER! 

It will depend of its availability, but I feel I need to read Women & Power first. It's the only one that has historical references and it might even mention some other women's stories that can help. 

End of Chapter 3.

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment