Book Review: "Lady Midnight" by Cassandra Clare




Previously posted on Goodreads!¹


DAMN, CASSIE! BACK AT IT AGAIN WITH THE ANGSTY BOOKS! Just when I thought that I had read ALL from this woman... AND I can't get over the "Why lie?" line, UGH!


Lady Midnight is the story about Emma Carstairs and the Blackthorn family. We who have read TMI met them in City of Heavenly Fire and already knew about their story in the Dark War. We already had the idea of how their lives were doing but I'm sure we were totally wrong in our assumptions.



It is obvious to think "what else can happen in this world?" "We’ve read enough of this, Cassie should be writing something else or nothing at all", "she wants more money"... (I even though of it when I heard she'd release this), OH GUYS, YOU HAVE NO IDEA! I was talking with my sister the other night about her, I don't understand how she can get all those shiny new ideas for her stories, for her characters, none of them are the same, they may be related but they're definitely not the same. Is the Shadowhunter World exploitable? Yes, if you know how to do it (and I'm still talking about exploiting it as a story). Cassandra has like… spell instructions in her head to make everything work (maybe she's a warlock, I don't know), and I think that she's been kind enough to share her world.



Why 4 stars? Well, I didn't enjoy the pace at the beginning of the book. Unlike TID and TMI, the main character didn't have millions of questions about the Shadow World, she already belonged there, therefore, the questions that the new readers may had, were answered with a lot of things fans we already know, like who Clary and Jace are, and such. But as always, once you reach the high point, you can't go back from reading. Also, one of the things that I've always loved about her books it's the inclusion she's given her characters and Lady Midnight is not the exception. How many authors can do that? 



Thank you, Cassie!

P.S. I ship Mark with everybody. Bye.


CASSANDRA CLARE was born overseas and spent her early years traveling around the world with her family and several trunks of fantasy books. Cassandra worked for several years as an entertainment journalist for the Hollywood Reporter before turning her attention to fiction. She is the author of City of Bones, the first book in The Mortal Instruments and a New York Times bestseller. Cassandra lives with her fiance and their two cats in Massachusetts




¹This review was written and originally posted on my Goodreads profile in 2016. It might now present minor changes in structure or corrections, but has not changed its intention.


0 comentarios:

Post a Comment